Monday, April 22, 2013

Pretty and Polish Part 1 Spring Color-Changers...

OK, so I love sayings that remind you of how the weather behaves...

March can come in and out like a Lion or a Lamb...
Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight...
A Sunny Shower won't last an hour...
A wind from the south has rain in it's mouth...
And other such phrases...

But my favorite saying is April Showers bring May Flowers...In a burst of creativeness (no surprise), Ms. Chelsea from Pretty & Polished created these two color-changing polishes:


April Showers:


May Flowers:


These are sooo sweet.  April Showers remind me of our Iowa weather currently...some rain...cool temperatures...a touch of snow/sleet...all for the betterment of the flowers to come later in the spring, hence, May Flowers.  Grass-green to white color-changing base, purple, pink, yellow hexes and small dark green hexes.

I left both sans topcoat...because, well...I messed up the April Showers while it was drying With Top Coat..and couldn't get a photo of it first.  So I decided to leave the other that way also.  I personally LOVE them without a topcoat, though for durability, I would recommend one coat...it won't kill the texture but it will be sealed and protected.

Nice job, Chels.

Thanks everyone for taking a look.  If you'd like to get some of Ms. Chels' polishes, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment