Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice review 2012



Ok, I was prepared to love this polish when I saw it on display.  It's a stand out...in the bottle.

I found it a little difficult to control the glitter on the brush, so I just started brushing like I normally would polish and let the glitter fall where it may (this is the photo you see: pinky).  Then I tried dabbing it on like I normally would a chunky glitter.  That was promptly taken off when it decided not to dry after being on for over 10 minutes.  

Pinky: 1 coat
Ring: 2 coats
Middle: 3 coats
Index: 2 coats over 1 coat SC Black on Black
Thumb: 2 coats over 1 coat OPI A Roll In The Hague

Note: I have been having issues with SC nail polishes drying lately...even thin coats, so this test result was not all that surprising to me.  I will have to get a fan to try and alleviate this issue, but I am not even sure that this will help, as I wore it all the way to the airport (with the windows down) and back and my index and thumb  STILL weren't completely dry after over an hour from being away from the house.  O.O

I will have to try this set again when conditions might be better, IE: middle of winter when the heater is on in the house and is drying everything out, including us.  I think I would have been better off using *just* the glitter with out the base coats...it seemed to shrink as you can see, on the index and thumb, with some minor shrinkage on the other 3 (which is less noticeable).  

Thanks guys for reading.  I was overall, a little depressed about this testing because I expected much better today.  :/


No comments:

Post a Comment