Friday, November 16, 2012

Different Dimensions: BOATLOAD O' GLITTER!

OK, so I told Missi that I wanted to try more polish, that I'd blog for her.  I ordered some more of course, because that is just how I roll.

Holy Shiznit!  Ms. Missi, I am floored hon, thank you!  Ok, so here are the first few polishes.  I plan to do a separate set of reviews for each section.  This one is the glitter minis.


There is a LOT of punch for all that these are minis.  O-M-Gosh.


Isn't this a pretty little bunch of glitter goodness??  Sorry, out of necessity, this blog post will probably be image intensive...less spry browsers might take longer to load.  I promise it's worth it, so please be patient.  :D

Ok, so anyway.  I've wheel-swatched them all, as I always do when I bring new polishes into my black ho-er collection...pardon me.  I promise I will have a sale...some day.  There were some terrific surprises in store for me.  My Bear looks fairly quiet in the bottle.  But OMGosh does that change on the swatch.  



LEFT TO RIGHT (both top swatch photo and two close-up, side-by-side photos):
Blue Christmas, Sparkles Like Edward, Social Suicide, Un-Teal We Meet Again, Fall Me Maybe, Bazinga!, and My Bear.

OK, so here is the Roll Call...I will post the actual manicures below the photo of the bottle and my thoughts.


Blue Christmas: Evokes a bit of nostalgia...Elvis anyone?  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkjxlngfsKA

Her description: a polish I've been looking for for years and finally made myself!
It has a clear base, holographic blue and silver glitter, white, blue and silver holographic hexes.

 

Oh, my, goodness...truly...goodness...what is there to say?  It goes good over red even...which was my attempted at a red, white and blue mani.  OMG is it hot.  The blue still shows through on the red like a champ.

Pinky: 2 coats without undies
Ring: Orly Decades of Dysfunction

Middle: OPI Suzy Says Feng Shui
Index: OPI DS (cannot remember the name off hand right now)

Thumb: I don't remember which one this is, but I will double check before going live.

Super nice overlay polish.  I think I will go for more layers and do a *just* Blue Christmas mani soon...so gorgeous! 



Un-Teal We Meet Again: Would be great as a Ovarian Cancer Awareness polish...and I have the perfect undie to put under it.  

Her description: a great layering polish, packed with different sizes, shapes and shades of blue/teal glitters!

OK, COULD HAVE SWORN I TOOK PHOTOS OF THIS ONE WHILE I HAD IT ON, BUT CAN'T FIND THEM.  WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I DO OR RE-DO THE MANI.

Oh Yeah!


Bazinga: Inspired by the show Big Bang Theory.  I've never watched the show, so the reference originally stumped me.  But I have since learned more about it.  Bazinga is more or less his version of AWESOME, or YES!

Observe:

Sheldon: Leonard, you may be right. It appears that Penny secretly wants you in her life in a very intimate and carnal fashion.
Leonard: You really think so?
Sheldon: Of course not. Even in my sleep-deprived state, I've managed to pull off another one of my classic pranks. BAZINGA!


Her description: a yellow jelly base with different sized yellow and red hexes, as well as little red and yellow glitter. 

Oh my stars, yes!  This is quite a stunning polish.  Just enough larger red & yellow hex glitter to tease...mostly fine reds in the background show up when painted on it's own in two coats.  On my real nail swatches, I am going to overlay it on a golden yellow and a red to see what shows up.


 

OK, undies:
Pinky: 3 coats (no undie)
Ring: NOPI (sorry, can't remember the name right now)
Middle: WnW Deadly Dose (shimmer/metallic polish)
Index: SC Under 18 (super shimmer almost holo polish)

Thumb: Julep Minka (suede polish)

Uh huh.  Nice job, Missi.


Social Suicide: "You can't join Mathletes, it's social suicide!" 
I love the movie Mean Girls.  I watch it every chance I get because I love Lindsay in this movie.  I love the backstory.  It's a modern-day John Hughes movie.  If you haven't seen it, you must.  It's a must-watch girl movie.  Guys kinda look at it and go "Meh, she's hot." and then go back to watching their action movies.  Men.

Her description: Social Suicide is a mix of black and white glitters. It is an amazing layering polish! There are NO BARS in this polish, just different shapes/sizes of black and white!

OK, I COULD HAVE SWORN I TOOK PHOTOS OF THIS POLISH WHILE I HAD IT ON, BUT THE PHOTOS ARE ESCAPING ME SOMEHOW.  HOWEVER, I WANTED TO GET THIS POST UP FOR THE SPARKLES LIKE EDWARD, SO I WILL EDIT WHEN I FIND THEM.


I really love this one as an overlay, as she indicated.  


Fall Me Maybe: Ah ha...her fall polish. A play on the song "Call Me Maybe" wouldn't be too far off.  (I love that song by the way, it's so peppy) 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWAdb1vgoik

Her description: a great layering polish for fall. It has several different sizes and colors reserved especially for fall! Red, copper and brown are the main colors used in this amazing polish!
 


Uh huh.  I have lots of fine glitter fall polishes.  This one is different in one very key aspect.  It goes on evenly!  How in the heck did you manage that, Ms. Barry?  Every other single one I've tried have been glumpy, thick, and hard to control.  Now, I expect that of a large-glitter nail polish because, well, that's just how they are.  Maybe it's the base.  Anyway, her's doesn't do that AND it covers completely in two coats on my swatch.  Brilliant!!




ATTENTION!!!!

Sparkles Like Edward: Step beyond the name...my Harry Potter, True Blood and other Vampire-loving mavens...this polish is SO much more than it's name.  Ok, I like Twilight okay.  I am not a "follower" as it were...but I am intrigued by the other films that haven't yet been released to "free" cable movie stations (I don't rent PPV unless I REALLY want to see the movie...and I can wait).  Anyway, before I get too far along, I best tell you about the polish, eh?

Her description: a white jelly duochrome with several different colors of holographic glitters! 
 



Ok, yes...I can definitely see this in the swatch I made.  Very striking and the name of the polish is very descriptive of the fluorescence that Edward (and all of the vampires in Twilight really) displays so readily in the first two movies.  Ahem...anyway, the holographic glitters add to the shimmery goodness.  I am going to TRY to get that essence to come through in my photo.

If you love this polish...Sparkles Like Edward:
NOTE FROM MISSI: This polish will no longer be available after (11/16/12 - release date of Breaking Dawn part 2) so get it while you can!!


My Bear: This one was the most surprising to me.  I was prepared to be hum-drum about.  Why?  Because is B-r-o-w-n. You rarely find a truly exciting brown.  Well, let me tell you, this is a VERY exciting brown!

Her description: a beautiful chocolate base polish with tons of brown, copper and gold glitter packed inside.

OH my heavens yess!  I surely IS packed with sparkly goodness in the swatch I made.  I was pleasantly surprised at the shimmer that popper up when I got the second coat on.  This is definitely a polish that will make you feel all warm inside just looking at it.

 

I think this is the best brown I have ever seen.  I didn't even need to layer it.  O.O

Ok, so that's it.  I love these polishes and plan to go back for more!!







No comments:

Post a Comment